As if it’s possible, we came up with a way to have a little more fun on our trip around the states!
We call it the Traveling Same Name Food Game. And we would love your suggestions to help us play!
Here is how it works: As we travel around, we want to experience as many local foods that are named after a specific area.
For instance, having a Manhattan in Manhattan. Or a piece of Boston Cream Pie when in Boston. And yes, even an Idaho potato in Idaho.
We started it off in Omaha on the second day of the trip with an Omaha steak in Omaha, Nebraska.
We will keep a running list below of what we have accomplished, and of all the suggestions we get to find more. If you think of one not listed below, just add it to the comments below and we will put in on the schedule!
Thanks! Jim and Mary
Traveling Same Name Food Game
- Omaha Steak In Omaha – September 10th, 2019
On The Schedule :
- Idaho potato in Idaho – Suggested by : Rita Competti ( aka : MOM)
- Manhattan in Manhattan
- Boston Creme Pie In Boston
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza in Chicago – Steve Vann
- Key Lime Pie In The Florida Keys – Steve Vann
- Hawaiian Rolls In Hawaii – Karen Clark
- New York Strip Steak – New York – Kathy Hoey
- Baked Alaska in Alaska – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- New York Cheesecake in New York – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Mississippi Mud Pie in Mississippi – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Virginia Ham in Virginia – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Philly Cheese Steak, Philadelphia – Julia Rippa
- Buffalo Wings In Buffalo, NY – Julia Rippa
- Kansas City Strip Steak / BBQ – Kansas City – Ronda Barnow
- Kentucky Bourbon in Kentucky – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Tennessee Whiskey in Tennessee – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Boston Baked Beans in Boston – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Georgia Peaches in Georgia – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Washington Apples in Washington – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Louisiana Hot Sauce in Louisiana – Suggested by Jean Fregia
- Pendleton Whiskey In Pendleton, Oregon – Rose Felton